Saturday, January 29, 2011

3 Weeks

I've been here for three weeks.

I can't tell if time is passing quickly or slowly. On the one hand I feel like I've been here forever. I feel like I'm really good friends with the students and the staff. I feel like I've learned a lot from the teachings. I'm used to the routine of things.

But on the other hand, I'm still going to be here for another two months of training, and two months of outreach. How much more am I going to learn? How much closer will I get with everyone here?

Have I changed? Do I seem different to anyone back home?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite stories are where the characters change slowly as you read their tale, ending up as someone they would not have recognized as themselves at the start. The strength of character that is developed over a period of time is lasting, as it is who you grow to be. Who God wants us to be, as we walk and talk with Him. New creation is fast, as soon as you believe. Sanctification is that long walk with our loving, patient God. A walk that truly never ends, which means a growth that never truly ends. Yes I do see changes in you son. The lake that is my son is getting deeper by the moment.
    Psalm 73:7
    Yet I am always with you;
    you hold my right hand.
    You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take
    me into glory.

    Love you son. I pray God's blessings on you this and every day.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete