Thursday, January 6, 2011

Last Day




I'm taking three bags. I'm allowed one checked bag, one carry on, and one back pack. If I bring more than that, I pay fees. The checked bag is allowed to be up to 50 pounds, it currently weighs 65 pounds. (I'm going to have to fix that. :-p) Please note how puffed up all three bags are. I packed those things to the gills. :)

Remember a couple days ago when it didn't feel real that I was going to Romania? Well it feels real now!

Today is my last day in Menifee. Tomorrow I'll wake up at 4am and head to LAX. My flight leaves LAX at 7:55am, and arrives in Washington DC at 3:45pm local time. I get a couple hours to mess around in the airport, then my next flight leaves at 5:33pm. It arrives in Munich, Germany at 7:35am. This is the airport where I'm going to change into all my warm stuff. Then at 9:25am my flight leaves to Romania with an arrival time of 12:20pm.

If you count my starting point in Menifee, and figure that I'll get back to the YWAM base in Romania at around 1pm, that is 33 hours of travelling. Although, if you want to get all technical, I'm crossing ten time zones. That means that in real time I'll only be travelling for 23 hours.

Yay, finally going!

Update: My bag now weighs 50.2 pounds on the bathroom scale, and is 62 linear inches. According to the official rules, if my bag is above 50 pounds, then I have to pay a $200 fee. Also if the height plus width plus depth is above 62 inches then I have to pay a $200 fee. I'm flirting with the edges on both of those limits so please pray that I get a nice bag checker that will let me check my big bag with no fees.

1 comment:

  1. So excited! We're with you all the way. The travel part is the hardest, where you have to handle all your nerves and excitement with class while ... sitting. And sitting. But at least it will be over with at the beginning! <3

    ReplyDelete