Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend

Note to all blog readers that are not on Facebook: I put lots of pictures on Facebook. Check them out from time to time.

I had a good weekend. Saturday, I played chess with some people. Everyone is pretty much the same skill level, which makes things fun. I've won a few games when I don't make silly mistakes like giving away my queen, bishop and rook all in a row. Ug.

Then Saturday night we decided to walk to a bowling alley place. First of all, it took us about an hour to get there. We were in a group of about 12 or so, and the slowest person was dictating the pace since everyone had to wait for them. It was also in the single digits in temperature. I'm not talking single digits celsius (for those Romanians reading this), I'm talking single digits fahrenheit. It was dang cold!

I had my "impervious to weather" outfit on, but my nose and lips were still cold. For those that want to keep track. I've used my scarf once, my thermal socks once, my long john pants twice, my long john thermal shirt zero times. Mostly one pair of socks is enough, and if I need more, I can double up. Thermal socks are not really needed. I also decided that pajama pants work just as well as an extra warmth layer as long johns, and they're more comfortable. Scarves are also not needed since my big jacket has a thing that covers my neck. I also have a sweater with a hood which can keep my neck warm too.

Anyways, we get to the place and we don't bowl. We head to the back to play pool. It costs 2 lei per game, which is about 63 cents. Some other people played darts, and air hockey, and foosball. It was really fun. I really like pool. They also had the music turned up loud and I think I was the only one that felt the urge to boogie. It was kind of a weird sensation to be the only person there outgoing enough to move to the beat. I'm never the most outgoing person. After that, we took cabs back to the base.

On Sunday I went to church with some people. The pastor of this particular church is from Texas, so the sermon is in English and is translated to Romanian. He is a crack up. This is probably my favorite church so far, although I still need to try out a couple more.

After I got back from church I messed around with the keyboard in the prayer room. I re-taught myself how to play Canon by Pachabel. I don't have it perfect yet, but it's almost there.

Yep, that was my weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I heart and miss the Petty dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The battery operated squirrel dance! Do you still have that thing? I'll have to go on Dad's facebook to check out those pics!! That's the one thing I miss about Facebook.....but that's the only thing!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The squirrel is packed in the shed. It doesn't dance any more, sadly.

    ReplyDelete