Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spiritual Warfare

Have you ever had one of those weeks when everything that could go wrong, does go wrong? I already told you about my travelling story. That was a few days ago, and more things have gone wrong since.

Let's start with sleeping. Falling asleep is easy. I'm so tired at nights that I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. However, my body overheats sometimes if I don't control the settings of the environment just so.

My hands and feet need to be out from underneath the covers: hard to do when you are borrowing a sleeping bag. I can't ever wear socks to bed. I have to be careful about which pajamas I wear to bed. If they're too warm, I'll wake up in the middle of the night.

Anyways, I've been waking up at 4am everyday very very hot. Maybe the time zone change is affecting me as well, but I'm always so hot.

Waking up that early means that every day is a 20 hour day. I'm not built to function like that. I need my eight hours. It's so hard to stay awake when we're on the couches sharing testimonies. People will be sharing this heavy stuff about how they were supposed to be aborted, but God saved them, and I'll be nodding off. I'm sorry!!

Oh, another thing, on the very first day, right in the morning, I slipped on the frozen steps and landed on my hip bouncing on a few more steps on the way down. Nothing's broken, but it left one doosey of a mark. I tried to hide the limp it gave me for the next 24 hours, but it hurt pretty badly.

Also, the neighbor's dog barks throughout the night, keeping everyone awake. The Arrowhead water guy was a day late, so we ran out of water for about 24 hours. The internet died, so I couldn't tell people that I even made it to Romania. (Imagine being my parents after the ordeal in LAX, then not hearing from their son for three days.)

It just seems like everything is going so very wrong over here. It can't be coincidence because the statistical likelihood of this many things going wrong would be a terrible outlier in the data.

I'm pretty sure Satan is attacking us.

Please pray against his schemes.

I'm trying to remain hopeful that so many attacks means we are about to do something so very powerful, but it gets harder and harder to be positive when my body shuts down during dinner, and decides that it doesn't want to be awake anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment