Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yay, an actual prayer request.

So, the program is set up in such a way so that I don't need to get a Visa. I'm allowed to stay in Romania for three months, then I have to leave for one month. The program is three months of schooling/discipleship training, and then two months of outreach. Perfect.

However, one of the staff members was recently returning to Romania to get ready for the next DTS, and she was detained. It seems that the new requirement is that you have to leave the country for six months. The other staff members were shocked at this change because they were keeping up to date with the requirements, and were told that it was only one month. They are going to talk to the people today to get the facts straight.

If it turns out that the requirements have changed for 2011, then 6 of us, myself included, will need to get $400 Visas. We'll all be able to get into the country when we travel in a few days, but we'll need the Visas when we get back from our outreach. The outreaches are only for a couple of months.

Please pray that, either the requirements haven't changed and it was simply some miscommunication, or that the 6 of us will find the funds needed to be able to pay for the Visas.

My situation is this: I don't need any money. My friends and family have been very very generous, and I have some extra money so that I can afford an extra $400. However, if I find out that other people are having trouble raising the money, I'll let you know.

Does spiritual opposition excite anyone else, or is it just me?

1 comment:

  1. I eagerly await news of your safe arrival!
    (Oh, and an address where care packages can be sent!)
    <3

    ReplyDelete