Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday

It's Saturday. All the rowdy people are out on a hill somewhere sledding. The girls invited me into town to visit thrift stores for seven hours, no thanks. I mean, I'd love to hang out and get to know them better, but somewhere in my childhood, I developed a hatred of thrift stores. It's not adventurous to me to have to look through piles of crap to find one gem. So that leaves me and a few other people here at the base. It's very peaceful.

I've been uploading pictures to Facebook and getting caught up on American sports, and reading a couple articles about video games, and then I looked out the window and remembered: "I'm in Romania!" Hahaha.

I mean, there's a guy in the room with me right now talking on the phone in Romanian, but it still didn't feel like anything special. It feels completely normal to be here. It feels normal to have the friends that I have right now. It's the end of the second week, and I feel like I've known these people for years.

Romanian progress: I can play Uno entirely in Romanian. Thank you, and Good morning, are common phrases that I use a lot in Romanian. And when someone reads the Bible in Romanian, I can follow along in English and know pretty much where they are. :)

2 comments:

  1. you didn't go sledding??? you should do that sometime. it's fun.
    peaceful is definitely good too though, for sure.
    and yay for romanian progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.....what's wrong with thrift stores!!!! Go find me a treasure!

    ReplyDelete